Amazing Race 7

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Week 11 - My Thoughts

Well, the outcome of the pentultimate episode wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be, but I dug it all the same. The trail of the Race Boomerang continues as the teams head to London. And this is what I thought:

Meredith / Gretchen

  • You know, Gretchen, a boat is a lot easier to get into than an elephant. Why didn't you just jump on in?
  • You did smack your face into it, though, which was awesome. At least some patterns of behavior are continuing.
  • Um, brawn? Over brains? On second thought, never mind. I guess they did the best one.
  • I'm sad to see you guys go, I really am. But seriously, you became the Scott Savol of AR7--totally overstaying the welcome and getting by with those leprechauns in your butt or something. It was fun while it lasted!

Rob / Amber

  • I don't blame you for not knowing what a whirling dervish was (seriously, how many people besides me knew that?), but a topless woman? Eh, at least your cab driver appreciated that comment with an eyebrow pop worthy of Phil!
  • Amber, you dressed as Sherlock Holmes was my favorite moment of you from the entire season. Which is kinda sad, 'cause it was like a two second clip and all you were doing was walking down the street. I'm glad you've got Rob to make life interesting!
  • Your new friend Stuart was like the fifth or sixth local you've gotten to help you out and show you around. I mean that's all fine and stuff, but you've been ragging on the other teams about relying on each other. What is it that you're doing differently by relying on a local to get you out of a paper bag? And Uchenna wasn't even allowed to help Meredith with the Detour so...I'm confused.
  • Hey, Rob? Since you're on a travelocity sponsored show, I probably wouldn't have used expedia to look up flights from Istanbul to London. Hopefully I'm the only one who ever pays attention to the design of the flight matrix on those websites. You owe Jerome an apology.

Ron / Kelly

  • Ron "I flew a 35 million dollar helicopter -- I could have done the bus". Well, I seem to remember you mentioning at least one time during this season that you, uh, CRASHED that 35 million dollar helicopter. As far as I know, the only thing Kelly's ever crashed is probably a frat party.
  • Ron "You become a soldier and you don't have to deal with this [emotional] stuff." Good to know this means nothing to you.
  • Begging for lipstick, Kelly? I would have begged for some zit cream if I were you.
  • Ron "I think I've seen everything I want to out of Kelly on this race." REMEMBER THAT. And kick her to the curb when you get home. Thanks. Bye bye now.
  • "At least they speak English here." Man, do I wish you had been sent to Scotland. They speak English there, too, but I doubt you could have understood it.
  • Did any one else catch Ron say "Damn!" at the yield?! For our good ol' military boy, we know he was angry uttering that kinda language!
  • Kelly, your doodling on Rob and Amber's picture made me realize that you're just about as mature as the President you adore so much. Thank god you're a Republican.
  • Okay, you two. I understand you really don't like each other, and that your relationship is falling apart, but still, you are in the final leg and have a one in three shot of getting a million bucks. It's sad that all it looks like you talk about next leg is your interpersonal issue. Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
  • Is anyone else wondering just how much money Ron and Kelly were able to get begging? The last time I checked, lorries in London are really-ass expensive.
  • Kelly "I don't know what straight is!". Actually, I think that's all you know. Bye bye now.
  • Hey, Ron--I have a book for you. Read it and run. But not like you did in Iraq.

Uchenna / Joyce

  • Hey, Joyce! You're bald.
  • Hey, Uchenna! You're bald, too.
  • Now, get some navigation skills and you'll be just fine next week.
  • But do something interesting so I have more to write about, okay?

Other General Thoughts

  • I loved the London Eye task. It was a hearkening back to my favorite task of Season 1. Except that was when the flag was Yellow and White, and was much harder to see.
  • But I think the London Eye was more interesting when it was sending alien messages.
  • Roadblock montage. I really wanted the background music to be "Oops, I did it again". But I don't always get my way.
  • Sherlock--Yea! A literature related task!
  • And a new Gnome ad. Seriously, it doesn't get any better than that.

That's it for today. Remember, send me your wagers before 4 pm Tuesday, and all will be well in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home