Amazing Race 7

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Episode 9 - My Thoughts

Well, that was a doozy. If you think about it, that leg started in Botswana where there was a long wait before their charter to Frederickstown, where there was another long wait before their flight to Mumbai, where they had an overnight layover before flights to Dehli and then Lucknow, a roadblock and detour in Lucknow before seeing Phil, then waiting roughly nine hours before a twenty-four hour train ride, then push a 600 lb elephant through the crowded streets up Jodhpur before going to ride camels (or get your head shaved if you're Joyce) and then running up to a pitstop. Finally. What is that, a four day leg? Crazy.

Lynn/Alex
  • I'm sad to see you boys go! But at least Lynn can get his facial products that he's been missing. While another team has been missing everything they brought with them the last four legs.
  • I did appreciate that you learned some Hindu, though. You guys actually made India look fun (that's the first time that's ever happened in the Race!).

Meredith/Gretchen

  • I'm voting for these two to become the new Centrum Silver spokespeople. Anyone want to start the petition?
  • Gretchen, Gretchen. Did you see anyone else hop of the back of that elephant? What, were you hoping there was an engine or jet pack up in that saddle? Or a steering wheel? Now that I think about it, it was probably better for you to be up there out of the way (too bad it didn't stop your voice. Seriously, you were like bagpipes on that leg--loud, dead weight).
  • You know, it's kinda funny that when we had both a broken ox and a broken elephant, one of the team members kinda forgot that they could help out on the task.
  • Meredith, "I think those guys are gay." Gretchen, "Well, that one that helped us was pretty cute." Hee hee.
  • These two actually have a fairly good chance of becoming one of the few teams (if not the only team) in Race history to reach the final three without ever coming in first in a leg. And that's a huge feat.
  • My new guess is that Meredith and Gretchen fly to India at least three times a year and get their heads shaved. How else do you explain this luck they're having?!

Rob / Amber

  • I knew Rob was an evil genius just like me. He won't go see scary movies, either!
  • Rob, you're skating a thin line with "It's a tough job organizing Indian labor". I know you work construction and all at home, but watch it, buddy.
  • I think I know Amber's camel's name: LEX.

Ron/Kelly

  • Kelly at the camels: "That hurt my bottom so bad but it was so much fun!" Wow. I could say so many things to that, but I think it's better I just keep them in my head.
  • I believe we finally had Ron's first non-military reference episode! Didn't the camels remind you of Baghdad, too?!
  • I did find it odd that the couple with the least amount of chemistry were the only ones sharing a bunk on that train, and those bunks didn't look too big, either.
  • I can't not comment on Kelly's little "you're a committment phobe and got out of the army by being a POW" comment. I must say that comment reminded me of Baghdad--a little Shock and Awe! But really, really funny all the same and I laughed all the way home about it.

Uchenna/Joyce

  • You know, it's not like Joyce had to do it. No one was pointing a gun at her head (just a razor).
  • I am officially dubbing these two the new Bald Snark. Get your funny on, guys, so you can live up to your predecessors!
  • I don't know. If I was a producer of the show, I would have had a prize at the end of this leg for coming in first. That was a very big and brave thing to do.
  • Oh, and Joyce officially kicks Brandon and Nikki's asses.

Other Random Thoughts

  • Wow, that wedding looked like fun. I kept thinking maybe they would turn out to be extras in this movie.
  • Okay, creepy man giving out clues on the train! In the middle of the night!

That's it. Sorry this was short. I just didn't have much to say today. If anyone would like to add anything, feel free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home