Amazing Race 7

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

It's that time again!

Wow, it feels like we just finished Amazing Race 6 last night.

It's because we did. But it is time, once again, to start all over with eleven new teams, a brand new pool, and everything that comes along with the race!!

I'm excited. The teams look fabulous. And here's my initial impression on each one of them. I have also listed the order I think they will be eliminated. Keep in mind, however, that after the elimination round in Budapest last season, I only had one team left in the pool. So, all of my thoughts could be very, very, wrong.

Brian and Greg:
Brothers from Santa Monica, California.
I see a great similarity between them and David and Jeff from Season Four. Good looking dudes, only speak English, totally laid back, never have traveled out of the country.
My guess? 4th place finish.

Debbie and Bianca:
Lifelong Friends from Woodbridge, Virginia.
The traveled Ireland together! I like 'em already! Totally Heather and Eve from Season Three. Well educated, accomplished, competitive, but going to use their "feminine charm" and such, and will probably end up being total ditzes.
My guess? 8th place finish.

Lynn and Alex:
Boyfriends from West Hollywood, California.
Lynn has the voice of Quentin Tarantino. Crazy! Of course the obvious comparison goes to Danny and Oswald from Season Two (we'll see if these two go shopping while waiting for their airplane!). I predict good, entertaining TV from these two.
My guess? 1st place finish.

Megan and Heidi:
Roommates from Oak Park, California.
First of all, these two need some fashion help. Even advice from me would help them out. I think Tian and Jeree from Season Four is an apt comparison, maybe Kami and Karli from season 5. I predict some fighting, some odd stuff for this team, and an eventual meltdown.
My guess? 7th place finish.

Meredith and Gretchen:
Grandparents from Eason, Maryland.
Meredith is a boy's name. Just so you know. I was confused when I saw their picture. Big fans of the race. I like that a lot. These two remind me of Dave and Margaretta from season one. I wish I could wish them well, but they are quite a bit older than most others on the race.
My guess? 11th place finish.

Ray and Deana:
Dating on and off from Canfield / Youngstown, Ohio.
Woo hoo! Some midwesterners! That's something we haven't seen in awhile. I think this team is going to be, well, intense. I think they're egos are bigger than mine when I'm on stage doing my music (and that's saying quite a bit). 17 years difference in ages, and dating on and off? Hmm. I'm not sure. But I think their competitive drive will carry them to the end.
My guess? 2nd place finish.

Rob and Amber:
Engaged from Canton, Massachusetts / Beaver, Pennsylvania
We know them. Boston Rob and Amber the Shrew from Survivor. I'm absolutley overjoyed that they listed their occupations as "Winnner, Survivor All-Stars" (Amber) and "Runner-Up, Survivor All-Stars" (Rob). At least they're being honest. For a long time these two have said that The Amazing Race is one of their favorite shows, so I don't have a problem with them being on the show (as some others do). We know they're comfortable in front of the camera, we know Rob will be a great source of entertainment, but, unlike Survivor, this is not a show where your placement is based upon your manipulative and crowd-control abilities.
My guess? 5th place finish.

Ron and Kelly:
Dating from Villia Rica, Georgia and Greenville, North Carolina
Well, here comes the sentimental favorite for the general American public. The Iraq POW falls in love with the beauty queen and they compete on a TV show. Long distance daters, haven't been together in the same place for more than two weeks--sounds like Michael and Kathy to me, with a little bit of Andre and Damon thrown in for good measure.
My guess? 9th place finish.

Ryan and Chuck:
Best Friends from Landrum, South Carolina and Inman, South Carolina
I don't think I have anything to say about this team except two things: 1. They're going to get along real way-ell (that would be "well" in their Southern Drawl) with Lynn and Alex. 2. We haven't seen a team like this before. Best comparison? Troy from The Apprentice.
My guess? 6th place finish.

Susan and Patrick:
Mother / Son from Hamilton, Ohio
I like them already. Patrick's a 26 year old gay writer! I need to meet this boy. We haven't seen this family combination before: we've had two mother/daughter teams, two father/son teams, and two father/daughter teams. He's going to be the one that comes up with all the great nicknames for the other teams. Too bad I don't think they'll stick around too long.
My guess? 10th place finish.

Uchenna and Joyce:
Married from Houston, Texas
The new Chip and Kim. Except they worked for Enron and WorldCom. I really don't have anything else to add, except I think they'll do just fine.
My guess? 3rd place finish.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home